Build your language skills and confidence in English
Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC)
Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC) is a free program for eligible newcomers to learn English language skills.
Participants improve listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills through real-world tasks while learning about their local community, workplaces, and Canadian society.
Our classes are based on the nationally recognized Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB). CLB achievements are used to meet the language requirements for Canadian citizenship.
Interested clients must visit us to check their eligibility and to take an assessment prior to being placed in a class.
WHY TAKE LINC CLASSES?
LINC classes are:
- Designed to meet your day-to-day English language needs, such as talking to your children’s teachers, banking, and discussing health issues with your doctor
- Nationally recognized when applying for Canadian citizenship
- Recognized by educational institutions and employment training programs
- Designed to help you achieve your educational or career goals
- Designed so you also learn about Canadian culture
CLB 1-4 topics include but are not limited to:
- Basic greetings, dates, numbers, personal information
- Canadian citizenship, geography, symbols, and holidays
- Social interactions in the community and at work
- Indigenous culture and history
- Money, purchases and customer interactions
- Themes of employment, housing, health and community
What else can we do for YOU?
Let us help you through our settlement services, employment resources, and school system support
See what is coming up and register for workshops, social groups or other events in your neighbourhood.
Social Groups & Programs
Our free groups have been created so you can make friends, practice English, and build your support network.